Before You Hire Any Moving Company, Read THIS
9 Things You MUST Check Before Hiring Any Moving Company
The world is ripe with terrible moving companies. Some are unlicensed, some aren’t careful, and some are just plain scams. And to make things worse, telling the difference between the good movers and the bad movers isn’t easy. Thousands of people end up in disputes with their moving companies every year.
So how do you choose a good moving company? We’re here to help and explain the 9 things you must check before you hire any moving company.
Listing sites are a great first step to finding a mover, but it should not be your final step. Below are 3 questions you should ask as you’re looking for moving companies.
- Is the moving company licensed? Moreover you should make sure that your moving company not only has the licensing and authority to perform your relocation, but if they have the insurance to make it legal.
- What is the company’s Better Business Bureau Rating? Verify the company’s competency rating. Check if they’re a part of any Movers’ Associations.
- Read company reviews. Always read more than one review. And, take each of these reviews with a grain of salt. Read both the 5-star reviews and the 1-star reviews (if any) to formulate your own opinion.
Once you’ve narrowed down your list to the companies you’re considering, it’s time to take the research a bit further.
- Look for the companies’ websites and social media. If they don’t have an Internet presence, that’s a red flag.
- Give them a call. In this initial phone call, make sure to discuss your needs and timing, their pricing, and any anticipated difficulties. Note: If they truly are a reputable company, they should not pressure you into booking if you state clearly that you’re still looking for information.
- Compare services and estimates. Once you’ve gathered a list of estimates, compare them. Take a close look at the high bids and see where extra costs are coming from. Make sure that the companies are in your state. Also, find out how long they have been in business.
Here are some optional measures you may want to take if you can’t decide.
- Request referrals from past clients with similar moves to yours.
- Do background checks of the companies you’re considering.
- Call the FMCSA’s Safety Violation and Consumer Complaints hotline and ask them about the complaint history of your moving company.
Request A No-Obligation Moving Quote!
We take great pride in being able to provide everything you might need for your move. Our moving consultants will keep your best interest in mind when it comes to your budget. We always treat you with respect in understand your needs and making sure we can provide a stress-free move.
Click here to request a no-obligation moving quote from us today.